Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Getting Creative with Paper

Hi All!! This is my first contribution to the Rubber Inspirations blog!! Since I'm still waiting for some of my stamps to arrive from RI, I decided to get a little creative with the paper packs I already have from them!! These are really quick and easy to put together.
This view is from above. I used the Pockets Full of Posies paper pack to cover the tin and the lid. The container used to house tea bags but can be filled with anything......perhaps some chocolate.....sorry, back to the post :) I stacked 3 silk like flowers that I picked up somewhere and placed a large brad through the center and glued it down to the lid. It looked kinda plain to me so I decided to add some seed beads around the edge. This Glue works great with the beads and has many other uses too! To adhere the paper around the tin I used my favorite adhesive for projects like this Tacky Tape. I then just tied some ribbon around the tin, added a flower and brad to the knot and voila!! Finis!!! Here's a view from the front.
Now on to the Jumbo Paper clips...These can be purchased just about anywhere, like the office supply store etc. I used my cuttlebug to die cut the flowers from chipboard coasters and also The Glitter Stack patterned paper. I glued the paper to the chipboard, then used a hot glue gun to sandwich the paperclip in between the flowers. I had some little buttons laying around, so I tied some cording through the holes then glued them to the centers, added a little ribbon and that was it!! Quick and easy gifts in no time!

I hope you enjoy these projects!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I just love these Melanie! Gorgeous!

Patti said...

These are great! I just got some of the jumbo paper clips so I am going to try those out! :)

Anne said...

So cool!

Vicki Hook said...

Melanie, I love both of these projects! You go girl!!!

Kat said...

Oh my gosh, your creations are totally awesome. I love that you were thinking outside the box.


___