Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Paisley Flower

When I first saw the Paisley set on the Rubber Inspirations website, I knew I would have some fun with it!
I immediately was inspired to use the single paisleys as flower petals.

I knew I wanted this to be bold and bright. So I used bright colored markers to color in the paisleys, and then cut them out.

Using the stem of the paisley flower from that same set stamped on white cardstock, I played with the cut out paisleys and arranged them until I had them how I wanted them to look. I layered each paisley petal in its place, and glued it down.

I added Crystal Stickles to the smallest petals to give them some *bling* and dimension, then added the white button.

Before gluing the layers down, I added a bit of black ink to the card using the DTP (Direct To Paper) technique.

Oh, about that awesome swirly polka dot flourish stamp......
Stay tuned to Rubber Inspirations for their exclusive line of stamps!

4 comments:

Patti said...

Very creative using the small paisleys for flower petals!! The colors on this card really pop!! Awesome! :)

Sharon said...

So pretty!

Kat said...

Wow, I look at this set and think on how to use it. Thanks for giving me something creative to use this set for.

Cathrine StClair said...

Pretty!!! Hmmm - can't wait to hear about those exculsive stamps!


___