Sunday, May 13, 2007

Magnetic, Acrylic Post-It Holder


A couple of weeks ago I was at Target and I saw a 2 pack of Acrylic Photo Frames with magnets on the back. They were something like $2.50 for the pack of 2. I snatched them right up and brought them home waiting for just the "right project". So the other day when I sat down to stamp, that "right project" popped into my head. I proceeded to pull out my new pack of Great Expectations Paper and cut it to 4x6 since that was the size of my photo frame. I then took out my new Ooh La La Stamp Set stamped the perfume bottles onto white cardstock using black ink, then I colored it with colored pencils. I mounted that onto some light greenish cardstock and put it onto my paper I had previously cut. Then I chose my sentiment. I decided that the Just A Note from Everyday Greetings was just the right one to use. So I stamped that, also in black on white cardstock, mounted it onto the same green cardstock I had used before and then mounted that. Then I slipped that into my frame. Now for the last step. I applied my post-it notes to the frame by using Tacky Tape. I love that stuff! It's good for everything! I sat back to admire my work. But it was missing something. So I got out my package of RSVP Pens and cut a strip of my printed paper to fit, rolled it up and stuck it inside the pen. Now I had to figure out how to attach it to the frame. I decided to get out that trusty Tacky Tape again and use it to attach a piece of Light Pink Grosgrain Ribbon to the inside of the frame so that I could just tie the pen on. And there you have it! A Magnetic, Acrylic Post-It Holder with matching pen.

2 comments:

Patti said...

I love that it is magnetic!! Perfect for attaching to the refridgerator. Great work on this!! I love the colors and paper! :)

Kat said...

Love the colors and the idea. Nicely done.


___