Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tres Chic!

Bonjour mes amis! Comment allez-vous? :)

I recently was lucky enough to win some great Ranger products. Naturally, I just had to try them out! Two things that I received were Memory Glass and Memory Foil Tape (Brass). These are two products that I had never used so I was ready for it to be a challenge, however it was much easier to use than I thought. I decided to make a glass pin using Adirondack Alcohol Inks (Lettuce, Wild Plum and Stream) and the Ooh-La-La stamp set.


First, I applied lines of each color of ink on to the applicator. I added some drops of Blending Solution to blend the colors. I gently tapped the inked up applicator on to the glass, being careful not to over mix the colors and set it aside to dry. The alcohol inks dry very quickly so this only took a few minutes. I stamped the perfume bottle and Tres Chic on a 2x2 inch piece of white cardstock using Archival Ink (Jet Black). I took the inked glass piece, the stamped cardstock and then another glass piece and sandwiched them together. I went around the edges with the foil tape and then burnished it with a paper creaser to make sure it had a good seal. I added an adhesive pin back to the other side and Voila! A Tres Chic pin! :)

2 comments:

Cathrine StClair said...

Wonderful project - love the colors.

Kat said...

Very cool, Dont you just love playing with these inks? I know I do.


___