Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Teacher Thank You Notes

I needed to make 3 thank you notes to give to my children's teachers. I don't really like to make multiples of the same card over and over (short attention span I guess).


But I really wanted to use this cat image from Pink Cat Studio. Somehow the cat reminds me of a teacher. Maybe its the glasses, or maybe the calm, unruffled look (so unlike me when I hang out with my kids for too long). So I decided to play around with variations on a theme. I decided to alter the color scheme and the technique on the cat's clothes, but keep the card layout the same for all of them. I also kept the same blue panel on all of them to add to the challenge.


Here is the trio.....



For this first one, I used alcohol based Prismacolor markers to color the entire image. The patterned paper is the DCWV Pocket Full of Poises Pack.
















For this card, I colored the cat and glasses with the Prismacolor Markers. Then I used a very fine stylus to doodle a design on the sweater and scarf. I colored the sweater and scarf with Prsimacolor pencils. The doodled design appears white.













For the last card, I again colored the cat and the glasses with the Prismacolor Markers. Then I paper pieced the scarf and the sweater using the background paper. By stamping and cutting out the scarf and sweater on different parts of the patterned paper, I got the different colors. The patterned paper is the DCWV Pocket Full of Poises Pack.


It was kind of fun to see how changing the color and technique changed the card. I might try something like this again sometime. It might make a very nice gift set of coordinated thank you notes.


4 comments:

Kat said...

These are soooo darn cute. What a great idea for teachers.

Awna said...

cute cards!

Laura said...

They are sooooooo cute!!! Lovely and simple, too!

Melissa said...

I love the colours! Great job!


___