Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Evolution of a Card

Sometimes a card design or idea does not always translate well from my head to the paper, as was the case of the original version of this card. I was very unhappy with how it turned out so I chatted with another RI designer and we bounced around some ideas on what I could change to make it into something that I was satisfied with.

I definitely needed to take the original card apart and start over. Since I use a liquid glue (Mono Multi) to create my cards, it was not easy to take it apart. Imagine me at midnight with a heat gun and palette knife trying to salvage pieces of my card.

This is the final result, which looks nothing like it did to start except for the main image.

Image: River City Rubber Works-Sunflower Bucket
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket-Wanted

I am quite happy with how it turned out. My advice....never be afraid to re-work a project until you are satisfied with it.....and maybe try working a little earlier than midnight. LOL

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Love it! Sooo pretty!

Cathrine StClair said...

Looks great Patti! The papers are perfect with the image.

Anne said...

Let's try this in the right post this time...

Love that card! I'm sure the first one wasn't as bad as you think it was though. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh - I totally know what you mean!! check out this post I did on my blog a while back:
http://paperwoods.com/2007/01/30/
the-design-process/
I was so dissapointed with the way it turned out, versus how it looked in m y head. But I discovered that all I had to do was flip some things around, and then I loved it!


___