Saturday, April 21, 2007

Life's A Beach!

I got to play with new goodies from Rubber Inspirations the other day! Yay me! So here it is, my first card as a Rubber Inspirations Designer:

I had a good time with this card. Bright is normally not my thing. My favorite colors to work with are Purples and Greens. And subdued Purples and Greens at that. So this card was out of the box for me! But I like the way it turned out. Here's what I used to create this oh so fun card!

Supplies: White Cardstock, Orange Cardstock, Pocket Full Of Posies Paper Pack (try saying that 5 times fast-- I couldn't even say it once with out flubbing it. LOL), Life's A Beach- Beach #1 Stamp Set, Lemonade Grosgrain Ribbon, Festive Fuchia Grosgrain Ribbon, Black Ink, Colored Pencils

O.k. so, I took kind of... how do I put this... an unconventional route to making this card. I started out by coloring my stamped image. And then came the daunting task of find paper that was just right for my oh so strangely colored image. LOL O.k. so it wasn't so daunting. I just started flipping through the Paper Pack and found it almost immediately. It was perfect! It was as if the paper had been calling to me all along telling me what colors to color the image. (Can you tell I haven't been getting much sleep. LOL) So I picked out cardstock to mount the image piece on to give it that extra pop against the yummy paper I had chosen. I ultimately settled on Orange. After all, the colors I used were out of the box for me so why not go with it. Then as I went to mount the yummy paper onto the card base I decided it needed ribbon. So I chose two colors to compliment my card and set about trying to figure out how to lay them. A fellow RI designer suggested I see what it would look like if I criss-crossed the ribbons. Yes, now that's the ticket! After attaching my newly criss-crossed ribbon I mounted my yummy paper onto the White Card Base and then attached my image. Ahhh but it was missing something. I needed a sentiment to balance it out. So I took a scrap piece of the yummy paper and tried out a couple of different colors to stamp my sentiment in. I ultimately decided that Black looked the best so I went with that. Then I finished the card off by stamping the sentiment in black in the lower left hand side of my now finished card. And so there you have it! My very first card as a Rubber Inspirations designer.

5 comments:

Patti said...

And a beautiful one at that!! :) I absolutely love the yummy colors you used on this!

Anne said...

Love it! The colors are perfect for a warm summer card.

Vicki Hook said...

This card is awesome! Great write-up!

Cathrine StClair said...

Congrats on your first RI Designer card! Its just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness, that is just too cute!


___